200 lines patch

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ikegzqrl

200 lines patch

Post by ikegzqrl »

Re: Alternative 200 Lines Kernel Patch
by ikegzqrl on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:01 pm

Good evening,

Is it still recommended to apply the "alternative to the 200 lines" kernel patch? I was under the impression this fix was included in recent Linux kernels, but when I applied the patch, Linux Mint 13 (KDE) seemed faster than before applying the patch?

Did I just imagine it was faster, or was it? Is this patch now obsolete of is it worth installing it?

Many thanks for your thoughts and reply.
ikegzqrl
Level 1

Re: Alternative 200 Lines Kernel Patch
by zerozero on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:37 pm

ikegzqrl,
you have the answer to your question 2 posts above your. and please don't bump topics more than 6 months old without activity (the information might not be relevant)
Apologies for resurrecting an old discussion, zerozero.

Is it possible for Clem and team to include this in Linux Mint to make it easier for end users?

Another thing I have to do when (re)installing Linux Mint is turning off IPv6. Turning if off really increases the speed of IPv4.

Linux Mint is the best Linux distro out there, but nothing on this earth is perfect.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: 200 lines patch

Post by zerozero »

not a problem :) you might want to look at this http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.p ... 39267.html

Return to “Chat about Linux”