No forum unsubscribe button

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Beerislife

No forum unsubscribe button

Post by Beerislife »

Since the front page of this forum has become unbearable I'm considering leaving. I can't seem to find an unsubscribe option though. Either it's well hidden or doesn't exist. Can an admin or mod point me in the right direction so I can remove myself at my leisure?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: No forum unsubscribe button

Post by Oscar799 »

There is no unsubscribe option for the main index page,but if you wish to unsubscribe from a particular sub-forum go to the bottom left of the front page of that sub-forum and you'll find a checkbox which says "subscribe forum" uncheck that if you wish to unsubscribe.
Beerislife

Post by Beerislife »

No, I meant from the Mint forum as a whole. But that may not be necessary any longer.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

I'm uncertain as to what section are speaking about, could you clarify what you mean by the "front page"?
EDIT: If you're referring to Active Topics or New Posts, and the recent flooding, it's in the process of being cleaned up, and will be prevented in the future.
Beerislife

Post by Beerislife »

By "Front Page" I mean after one logs-in and either clicks on "View New topics" or "View Active Topics" but I see this morning that it is relatively free of crud.

And by "Unsubscribe" I mean delete my account from this forum completely, as if I never existed. Umm, come to think about it I sometimes wonder if I really do exist at all, but that's another topic :mrgreen:

I see that the mods have finally taken some action so removing my account will not be necessary as I can now view the forum without being bombarded with nonsense again. In another Linux forum I frequent, the offender would never have lasted as long as he did here, he would have had ONE warning and then he would have been banned. Still, this is not my forum and you are free to run it as you see fit. I know what you have to deal with behind the scenes as I was a moderator on another forum and it is a lot of work keeping the peace, dealing with spammers and other maintenance and that you are unpaid volunteers and deserve credit for what you do. You have my thanks for making this forum readable again.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

Beerislife wrote:...as if I never existed. Umm, come to think about it I sometimes wonder if I really do exist at all, but that's another topic :mrgreen:
Indeed, we could use some more philosophical discussion in Open Chat :D
Beerislife wrote:...I know what you have to deal with behind the scenes as I was a moderator on another forum and it is a lot of work keeping the peace, dealing with spammers and other maintenance and that you are unpaid volunteers and deserve credit for what you do...
Glad you decided to stay. Thanks for the kind words.
Beerislife

Post by Beerislife »

Since the situation has been resolved perhaps it's time to lock this thread, just in case :lol:

Keep up the good work.
LordShen

Post by LordShen »

Hello

How can I delete my account? There's a mail or something to send?
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

LordShen wrote:Hello

An admin can delete your account for you if that is what you want
LordShen

Post by LordShen »

Oscar799 wrote:
LordShen wrote:Hello

An admin can delete your account for you if that is what you want
I see you're an admin, can you delete my account please?
Sorry, I just moved to another linux distro :| , even though I believe Mint is a good one :wink:

Thank you!
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Done
linrx

Post by linrx »

Dear oscar, the phpBB search engine was kind enough in returning this thread. While this is lowest on the priority, there are other forum providers running Invision that accruing from their said database design disallow account deletion as it may affect their database integrity. I am sending this request, in the event that you see it, please assist in closing this account "linrx" -- Linux Mint has worked fine this far still it's the online community account that I created back then that is surplus to my requirements -- in fact because it worked so well I barely need a support ticket raised DUH

Rgds
Lin Rongxiang
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Done
Anyone else wanting an account deleted would be better sending a PM to me,proxima_centauri or xenopeek as we may not see requests posted on forum threads

Return to “Non-technical Questions”