could not find the ISO /linuxmint/install/installation.iso

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kozz

could not find the ISO /linuxmint/install/installation.iso

Post by Kozz »

Is what i get when trying to install in windows. I read its because the iso doesnt work for 32 bit but does for 64. Is this fixed? (Maybe have old iso)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: could not find the ISO /linuxmint/install/installation.i

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Kozz.

Please have look at this Howto: How to Perform a Mint4win Installation of Mint 13 32-bit. The current ISO image is the ISO image dated May 2012.

HTH,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Thats quite something. Isn't that iso downloadable somewhere else? Torrent doesnt have seeders and the file share has a 404.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Kozz.

Cannot make any valid statement whether any other corrected ISO images have ever been made publically available. To tell the truth, I have not even bothered to try and download the announced corrected ISO images. I have simply corrected the ISO images which I needed myself and written down how it can be done: Fixing the Original Linux Mint 13 32-bit installation ISO file.

Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Yes thank u for the fix. It works now. U could have just make it easier and upload the corrected file though.

Return to “Installation & Boot”