lmde repository´s not complete?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ringo32

lmde repository´s not complete?

Post by ringo32 »

hi,

lmde are based on debian testing, but i miss some programmes like 0ad in the repository?
lmde work good here, and its good enough.. but its like not complete..

does lmde maintained there repository´s enough???

it would be great if they make lmde better and better too the point they can switch off ubuntu derivate.....its just cheaper to have one OS to maintained....
only the point is, people like the ppa..., mayby its better to make a own system?

if mint gets more populare then ubuntu , then its time to grow up..., :)

but its not a point, my point is, will lmde better maintained? sometimes i think its dead if i see the repo.... that is a difference with testing?

mayby i wrong ..
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: lmde repository´s not complete?

Post by xenopeek »

You generally have to lookup the package you are missing from the LMDE repository (if you did find it in the Debian Testing repository) on Debian's PTS. For 0ad, that is here: http://packages.qa.debian.org/0/0ad.html

As you can see, the package 0ad was accepted into Debian Testing after UP4 was released. UP5 is currently being finished up so 0ad should be in LMDE soon :wink: For more information about how LMDE works, check also the LMDE FAQ: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=197&t=91405
ringo32

Re: lmde repository´s not complete?

Post by ringo32 »

thanks , i like lmde but i have now some distro hopping syndroom :) word alleen erger :); getting worser :);

but i decide to stay on line.... lmde drivers here stable, and i find oud with some downloadeble how i fullfill the dependeces ..., compiz and emerald working, im happy ... thanks for your answer, i shell waiht for the next up :)

Return to “LMDE Archive”