Print job prints again and again

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jesse_groenewold

Print job prints again and again

Post by jesse_groenewold »

I am using Maya 64-bit, with Cinnamon primarily. After adding my Lexmark Pinnacle901 printer using Lexmark's drivers, the printer works fine, except for one thing. Every time I print something, the print job appears in "Printers", the printer prints the job, but the job does not leave "active print jobs". About a minute after the job finishes printing, the computer tells me that the job was sent to the printer (again), and the printer prints the job over. This continues even after restarting the computer. I have attempted to click several buttons in "Active Print Jobs" (primarily the square button, which I assume means "stop printing" or "cancel"), but that does not help. Eventually the job disappears from "Active Print Jobs", but I don't really know why or how. Any ideas? I am happy to do things in the Terminal as long as I understand what I'm doing.
inxi says this:
CPU~Quad core Intel Core i5-2400 CPU (-MCP-) clocked at Min:1600.000Mhz Max:3101.000Mhz Kernel~3.2.0-23-generic x86_64 Up~23 min Mem~978.3/7935.9MB HDD~1001.2GB(4.7% used) Procs~160 Client~Shell inxi~1.7.33
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Rehdon
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Print job prints again and again

Post by Rehdon »

Similar problem here: clicked on "print now" by mistake and couldn't find a way to cancel printing, went to the control panel but the "stop" icon[1] just didn't do anything, it stayed greyed after clicked on it but notifications continued to pile up. I could fix it, ignoring the continuing flow of notifications, after I discovered this thread explaining how to access printers via a web interface: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 5&p=610430. My suggestions:

- add a proper "print notification applet" to Cinnamon, it's a big regression when compared to Gnome 2 not having one;
- have all print notifications leading to that applet
- fix the print preferences GUI/working

[1] A media player icons on a completely different context? weird ...

Return to “Printers & Scanners”