Installation of Remastered copy of Linux mint 13

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
harshpandit07

Installation of Remastered copy of Linux mint 13

Post by harshpandit07 »

hey
need a help here..
i remastered a mint 13 cinnamon dvd and used remastersys 2.8 to do so.
now when i am testing in virtualbox its asks me for username and passoword..
there is no automatic login like in maya live cd.
so whats the username and password.??
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
oobetimer

Re: Installation of Remastered copy of Linux mint 13

Post by oobetimer »

Username and password should be these what you have given.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

[moved here]
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

harshpandit07 wrote:i remastered a mint 13 cinnamon dvd and used remastersys 2.8 to do so.
Versin 2.8 is outdated. As of this writing, Remastersys is already at version 3.0.3, which works without issues (backup mode) with Ubuntu 12.04, ergo Mint 13. You might want to update your Remastersys to match Mint 13. More information and instructions here: http://www.remastersys.com/ubuntu.html
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].
brunolein

Post by brunolein »

I remastered Linux Mint 13 mate (with remastersys 3.0.3) and have the same problem!
Any idea ?
abnvolk

Post by abnvolk »

I think the default username is "mint" and the password is empty.
SurfaceUnits

Post by SurfaceUnits »

the default remastersys user account is custom with no password
DLWood

Post by DLWood »

brunolein wrote:I remastered Linux Mint 13 mate (with remastersys 3.0.3) and have the same problem!
Any idea ?
According to the instructions here: http://www.remastersys.com/ubuntu.html it says:
Some notes about using the dist option

You should start with a clean install of Ubuntu or variant and use a single user to make all changes. You should not install any proprietary video drivers like the nvidia or ati drivers as they will not be used on the livecd and users will have to reinstall them after installation. Clean up history and cache and copy over the contents to /etc/skel but be sure to change the ownership of everything in /etc/skel to root. While the livecd/dvd is being created, you should not open any other apps or windows. Do not under any circumstances enable auto login as it will cause the live user creation portion of casper to fail and you will not get to the desktop.
Perhaps you used the dist option and had auto login enabled.
echurchm

Post by echurchm »

Try:

username: custom
password: <leave it blank>

Return to “Chat about Linux”