I'm looking forward to contribute to the community

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Wiz Kid

I'm looking forward to contribute to the community

Post by Wiz Kid »

Hello,

I just installed Linux Mint for the first time and I'm using the KDE version. I have to say that I am very impressed with the work you have done. It looks gorgeous, but that's not all. From what I read on the forums the Mint user group has a great community and I'm hoping to become part of that.

I was very into open source several years ago, and tried many distributions in an effort to learn my way around Linux and BSD. I used to post in the LinuxISO forums and I would share my installation and setup findings as I progressed through distros. That is until the server crashed and all my information was lost. After that I had a MAC briefly, but that ended when my plain macbook was not sufficient to run higher end video editing applications, and a system crash here and there due to my tinkering. Then after that I helped a couple of non-profit organizations to set up their Windows networks, which was childsplay after learning much from the open source environment. Since then I used Windows 7 mainly, but my friend is a big fan of open source so I decided to come back to it. I discovered that the installations are a breeze now, and with the Mint GUI being very beautiful and functional, it's going to be my main OS on the road.

I enjoy watching videos and reading about Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Linus Torvalds, and learning from their stories. I do not look down on any of them, because they each chose their own path. I was also inspired by a video I saw of Richard Stallman where he said that he encouraged people to learn programming while contributing to Open Source. He said working on a live project and learning can go hand in hand. So if anyone wants to be my friend give me a shout here. I look forward to making new friends and help out as much as I can, while learning along the way.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jesica

Re: I'm looking forward to contribute to the community

Post by jesica »

:mrgreen: good day and welcome to the forum
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

If your as smart as you sound 'wiz_kid'
You'll go a long way.

Welcome
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi Wiz Kid, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums!

Be sure also to check out the Community website (tutorials, hardware and software reviews, ideas). You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application Quassel IRC. After a short setup you will get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint.
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the mint family forums

wizard

Return to “Introduce Yourself”