Adding shortcut MGSE mint 12

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dhimes

Adding shortcut MGSE mint 12

Post by dhimes »

namePlease.png
I would like to add a shortcut to for uxterm to the shortcut thingy (what's it called again? that's why I put in a picture). Does anybody know how? LM 12 64 bit. Thank you.

Dan
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caribriz

Re: Adding shortcut MGSE mint 12

Post by caribriz »

Try this:
Click the "infinity" symbol in top left corner
Click Applications, scroll down to UXterm icon - right-click it > click Add to Favorites - it should be in Favorites on left of that screen
Go back to original screen, open Menu - it should be in Favorites list.

caribriz
dhimes

Post by dhimes »

I don't have an infinity icon. And, more importantly, when I right-click the uxterm icon in menu I do have I don't have an option to "add to favorites." In fact, I don't have any context menu at all.

What I've done instead is I have mapped ctrl-alt-t to uxterm (instead of gnome-terminal) and that gives me quick access- but I'm still curious about this desktop.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
caribriz

Post by caribriz »

dhimes wrote:I don't have an infinity icon. And, more importantly, when I right-click the uxterm icon in menu I do have I don't have an option to "add to favorites." In fact, I don't have any context menu at all.
Oh :? : ... it worked for me using live usb of mint 12.
You don't have the infinity symbol at the very top left of your screen like in the picture??? ∞
Infinity symbol.png
Just go to the "dark" screen with "Windows" and "Applications" as shown below -
right-click the uxterm icon (I made pictures of xterm icon, not uxterm :oops: ), click Add to favourites - it should then appear in the icons in the list on the left of screen.
rclick add to favourites.png
Then return to the original desktop screen - click Menu, the shortcut should appear in the favourites list.
Menu with xterm screen.png
caribriz
dhimes

Post by dhimes »

Thank you, Caribriz! Worked like a charm! No I don't have the infinity symbol, but the corner is still "hot." One of the things I've given up trying to do since LM 12 came out is to change the corner because the top left is right between my two monitors and gets accidentally fired quite frequently. Would much prefer bottom right. But oh well, I've been able to get by.

Thanks again!

Return to “Software & Applications”