how do I mirror monitor in xfce

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
forbinproject

how do I mirror monitor in xfce

Post by forbinproject »

Greeting 'nix fans!

I've been wanting to essentially mirror exactly what's on my laptop monitor to a classroom projection screen via vga cable with LM 13 XFCE. I've been pawing around looking for where to change setting (like in the main edition), but I'm not having much luck. Could someone *please* point me in the right direction. I'm still kind of a noob, so please be kind and I will do my best to pass everything I know to someone else on down the line. Thanks! :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
RJim

Re: how do I mirror monitor in xfce

Post by RJim »

Hi there, I just recently moved to XFCE myself and am planning to tackle this over the weekend (I'm at work at the moment). I am thinking that once an external monitor/projector/TV is connected, that its profile should show up in the XFCE settings manager under "Display" along with the regular screen.
Also most laptops have a specific button combination such as Fn+F7 to set mirror mode. You might try that.

I will test it tonight when I get home. If it doesn't work, I'll be in the same boat as you, trying to figure out the next step. :lol:

Hope that helps.

--Jim
jjaythomas

Re: how do I mirror monitor in xfce

Post by jjaythomas »

Yes...

once a second monitor is conected by a cable it will show under 'setting>display' the defaut will be both monitor/screen should be a clone (can have different resolutions tho). Only wrinkle thou panels and some apps can be set to only show on a certain display, but normally default/set to show on all displays. (LMints panel clone on displays :) )

You normally use arandr or such if want monitor showing seperate things and/or (maybe) panel and individual setting of 'panel plugins' or apps.

J.Jay

Return to “Xfce”