[Solved] MS Win based software on startup

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jaybiz3
Level 1
Level 1

[Solved] MS Win based software on startup

Post by jaybiz3 »

How can I add a Microsoft Windows (XP) based software to the Linux startup system?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jamesc359

Re: MS Win based software on startup

Post by Jamesc359 »

Have you tried the Application Autostart tab in xfce4-session-settings ? Or are you looking for something to happen pre-login?
jaybiz3
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jaybiz3 »

I have tried but when clicking 'Add' then 'Command' icon some folders do not appear. It maybe because they're hidden as I can see the folders in File Manager.
jaybiz3
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jaybiz3 »

I just thought of something - I can type in the program name! Now to see if it works, Thanks.
jaybiz3
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jaybiz3 »

That didn't work, it does needs "Wine' to run but I'm sure wine run on startup, even though its not in the startup list.
Jamesc359

Post by Jamesc359 »

It guess it'd help to know what program are you trying to run? And have you tried using “wine <full_path_to_program>” ?
jaybiz3
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jaybiz3 »

I added wine but it still didn't work but eventually I got it working. The problem was spaces in the folder name and it needs "\" added before the spaces. Thanks again.

Return to “Xfce”