UBUNTU/GNOME2 CONVERT

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SkunkApeMan

UBUNTU/GNOME2 CONVERT

Post by SkunkApeMan »

I'm not new to Linux - been using it as my primary desktop for about 3 years now.
I was very happy with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with Gnome2 desktop. But appearently Ubuntu decided to go eye candy over productivity with it's new DE (Unity). So I am one of the many Ubuntu converts now enjoying Linux Mint with Mate.
I am extremely thankful to all the folks involved in the developement of Mate, and for how easy they made it to configure it almost exactly like my Ubuntu 10.04/Gnome2 setup!
Here's my config:
Moomex theme with Breathe icon set
Thunar File Manager (I like the icons better than the ones in Caja - other than the icons Caja is great)
Added a top panel with the Menu Bar that has Applications-Places-System just like Gnome2

Please keep up the good work with Mate! Mint13/Mate is the best out there!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: UBUNTU/GNOME2 CONVERT

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi SkunkApeMan, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums!

Be sure also to check out the Community website (tutorials, hardware and software reviews, ideas). You may also be interested in keeping an eye on http://mate-desktop.org/. And did you already upgrade to MATE 1.4? It's very good and brings lots of improvements and bugfixes. I've put the steps here http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 15#p624015.

You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint.
jesica

Post by jesica »

Welcome to the Linux Mint forums :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”