radiotray in conky

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
homerscousin

radiotray in conky

Post by homerscousin »

I have radiotray and conky running fairly well. I want to have the radiotray info for station and track displayed in conky. I have the titles entered but not the actual info. I assume I could grep the info if I knew where to look. That's the problem. I can't find the info in Dolphin. Does anyone know where to find current station and track info and load it into Conky? Mint 13 KDE?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jazz.h
Level 4
Level 4

Re: radiotray in conky

Post by jazz.h »

Wow, excellent idea. Radiotray and conky are my favorites. That would be awesome.
I know that a list of radio stations I have bookmarked are in /home/dk/.local/share/radiotray/bookmarks.xml
Perhaps this folder or /usr/share/radiotray/plugins/ ?
jazz.h
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jazz.h »

I found this http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/topic ... d/page/39/

This works for me:

Code: Select all

${execi 15 qdbus net.sourceforge.radiotray /net/sourceforge/radiotray net.sourceforge.radiotray.getCurrentRadio}
${color #7D8C93}Artist & Song 
${execi 15 qdbus net.sourceforge.radiotray /net/sourceforge/radiotray getCurrentMetaData| fold -s -w35}
:D
homerscousin

Post by homerscousin »

Thanks. I read that same crunchbang page. It was the only one I found that was close. I figured just copying and pasting that code would not work, at least not without some tweaking, so I did not try it. Did you try that exact code or is that "This works for me" from that page? I really don't have my head wrapped around how to find info like this in Linux. I just did a quick search for my radiotray bookmarks in /home and found nothing. Can I use qdbus from terminal? Haven't tried that either.
jazz.h
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jazz.h »

Yes, I tried the exact code and it works out of the box, Mint 13 KDE 64bit.
homerscousin

Post by homerscousin »

Hey, thanks. I'll try it. If it does, then I'll have to conquer why the heck did it work.
homerscousin

Post by homerscousin »

Yes, it does work! I had to do a little formatting to get things lined up in my conky and I changed | fold -s -w35} to | fold -s -w45} that added 10 more character spaces to the song title and should be enough to keep it all on one line. I also start the whole radiotray section with ${if_running radiotray} and end it with ${endif}. My radiotray display only appears in conky when the program is running.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”