<SOLVED> How to disable Goldendict autostart

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pvaklb

<SOLVED> How to disable Goldendict autostart

Post by pvaklb »

After installing Goldendict, it autostart everytime I log in. I can't find where to disable that because Goldendict doesn't appear in Settings > Session and Startup. Please help me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jjaythomas

Re: How to disable Goldendict autostart

Post by jjaythomas »

Not sure why but...

some autostart apps don't show in session and startup.
If not checked in startup, you can try killing (use terminal or task-manager) and then resave session.

J.Jay
pvaklb

Post by pvaklb »

Thanks J.Jay. But I didn't use the function "Automatically save session on logout". Is there another way to solve this problem?
pvaklb

Post by pvaklb »

I was not paying attention to the option "Save the session for future logins" (Automatically check after installing the system). I have cleared saved sessions, uncheck the check box and restart OS. After that, the problem's gone.

Althought the problem has been solved, I also want to know a way to check how many programs or services autostarts every booting times in case they don't appear in "Settings > session and startup". Do you have any idea for that?
jjaythomas

Re: <SOLVED> How to disable Goldendict autostart

Post by jjaythomas »

sorry :oops: That logout chech-box I uncheck at 1st reboot/logout after a install.
I also want to know a way to check how many programs or services autostarts every booting times in case they don't appear in "Settings > session and startup".
If your on the Ubuntu based Xfce (or any DE) theirs a handy program called 'BUM' (boot Up manager) that will tell what 'Run-Time' services will run. And their are other run-time editors in repos also.
For other apps it's easy to see whats running with a task-manager and kill process and resave session for future logins.

P.S. their's also a 'boot-benchmark' tool some were talking about when I asked about boot speed of ubuntu vs debian. (I never used thou) :wink:

J.Jay
pvaklb

Re: <SOLVED> How to disable Goldendict autostart

Post by pvaklb »

Thank you for supporting me at the first time I come this forum. My problem has been solved, how can I close this topic?

Return to “Xfce”