Menu items showing blank pages

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
helios
Level 1
Level 1

Menu items showing blank pages

Post by helios »

there are several things in the system settings menu that are missing as well. Our last 9 Komputers4Kids installs all were showing blank pages for kde components/default appliciations, which is an improvement...it was completely missing from .44. This caused some problems early on because during phone support, I just thought the user was new and didn't know what he/she was doing when they said there was just a blank page.

oops.

h
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Menu items showing blank pages

Post by Boo »

Interesting.
It could be due to some KDE package being missing, or a config file...

thank for the heads up.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
helios
Level 1
Level 1

Post by helios »

I left part of the equation out and I apologize. when we set up their computers, we always include a top panel and put some of the most important configuration apps there. ie: compiz/system menu/mint software install/etc. The pages from the system menu such as default applications are only missing when you try to access them from that dropdown menu. If you click System menu and access it from there, the problem does not exist. Sorry for not being more clear. You guys chase enough bugs without having to chase phantom bugs.

h
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

well i did find that I should have set the default mail and web browser.
oops

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!

Return to “Software & Applications”