Internal Microphone not working

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
asif_manan

Internal Microphone not working

Post by asif_manan »

I am new user of linux mint 13 Cinnamon, everything is working fine but I just noticed that my internal microphone is not working, the input volume in the sound settings is disabled for some reason and there are no devices in the "Chose the device for sound input" field. I have checked few posts in the forum which suggested to open alsamixer and adjust the gain of the microphone from there... I tried that as well but still no luck. Can anyone help???

I have hp pavilion dv6744 tx laptop... in the alsa mixer it says that my card is HDA intell and the chip is Realtek ALC268
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
UKWolfy

Re: Internal Microphone not working

Post by UKWolfy »

Same problem here, using mint 14 cinnamon and an acer aspire laptop

Fix for microphone = Remove pulse audio, reboot, use alsamixer to manage settings, it will work

HOWEVER, this removes the audio control from the tray, and volume buttons will no longer work.

"Audio on linux is a mess"

-EDIT-
Scratch all that junk.
Sound settings > Hardware > Change the profile to analogue stereo duplex

Worked for me :)
Good luck!
budhus

Post by budhus »

Same solution worked for me as well but the difference was that there were some listing about my sound card.
fordry
Level 1
Level 1

Post by fordry »

Another simple solution if the sound device is already set to duplex is to just install gnome-alsamixer in the software center instead of doing away with pulseaudio. It allows you to control the mic levels. Seems pulseaudio doesn't always do this. Kind of annoying that this doesn't work better out of the box.

Return to “Hardware Support”