Unnamed folders showing up randomly on desktop

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jmcook79

Unnamed folders showing up randomly on desktop

Post by jmcook79 »

I've noticed this happen a few times with Linux Mint 13. Once it was when I finished with the internet and closed firefox and I noticed one on the bottom left of my desktop. Now it just happened when i colsed the control panel...there were two of them on the upper right of the desktop! It's really weird.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
homerscousin

Re: Unnamed folders showing up randomly on desktop

Post by homerscousin »

Just a thought. I had a wacky problem several years ago on win xp. My desktop icons would replicate giving me 2-4 copies. Made a mess with 50 or more extra icons. Only did this 3 times I think. Turned out to be an intermittent short in the keyboard. When I used a certain key combo including the shift key it must have sent some strange signal back and just moving the mouse after that caused the problem. Replaced the keyboard, problem gone.
jmcook79

Re: Unnamed folders showing up randomly on desktop

Post by jmcook79 »

Thanks for the suggestion although I just replaced the keyboard in my laptop so I hope that's not the case!

Return to “Other topics”