After upgrading Pack 1.06 system hangs

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
lospala

After upgrading Pack 1.06 system hangs

Post by lospala »

I have upgraded from pack 1.05 to 1.06 in two different computers. Both of them with a ATI HD-5450 graphic card.
After initial boot the graphic environment could not load, so I did "sudo aticonfig --initial" and I restored gui.
Nevertheless I see the mouse moving all over the screen but it takes no action when I click over an item. The only thing that responds and very slowly is the combination of CTRL+ALT+RIGHT OR LEFT CURSOR To move compiz cube. The rest remains frozen

Has anyone had this experience?

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lospala

Re: After upgrading Pack 1.06 system hangs

Post by lospala »

I was suscribed to Spanish linux mint forum for a few months. Most of the topics initiated were hardly answered. Most of the help came from googling in debian forums.
As far as I can see there is a problem with update 1.06 but I feel that in Linux Mint forum nobody cares. How is it possible that a distribution that is one of the most used has no answers in most of the cases. In many other situations I directly wrote to the moderators of the Mint team. I've never received an answer so far.
Sorry to tell this, but I feel overwhelmed

Return to “LMDE Archive”