No "Update Pack Info" description after UP5

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
mikecz

No "Update Pack Info" description after UP5

Post by mikecz »

This is really minor, but there is no text in the box of the Update Pack Info window when I click on it in Update Manager after applying UP5.

It reads my repository correctly, and shows that the pack was applied, but the text box is blank. It is also coming up very slowly (1-2 minutes), but since everything about UP5 has been slow (it took me over 4 hours to download & apply it) this is not worrisome to me as of yet (I'm sure the servers are bogged down with so many LMDE users downloading the update, which is bloody huge).

Anyway: I just wanted to pass that on.

MikeC
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: No "Update Pack Info" description after UP5

Post by Monsta »

mintUpdate seems to retrieve the UP info always from the main mirror even if you've chosen another one...
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

and adding to what Monsta is saying if you couldn't connect or pick the main server (due to overload) when running mint-choose-debian-mirror then it's natural that UP5 info is not available.
mikecz

Post by mikecz »

zerozero wrote:and adding to what Monsta is saying if you couldn't connect or pick the main server (due to overload) when running mint-choose-debian-mirror then it's natural that UP5 info is not available.
Ah. And there are still weird things going on in my box with mint-choose-debian-mirror (as noted in the other thread I started on the issue).

There is one other oddity I have post-UP5, but I'll start another thread on that.

MikeC

Return to “LMDE Archive”