xorg failure

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
pradhishkumaAR
Level 1
Level 1

xorg failure

Post by pradhishkumaAR »

Good day people

i have been using LMDE without any issues and it was rocksolid. today saw that update pack 5 was available and tried updating it. It was a huge update and it downloaded everything and started installing then in between it asked me about fglrx driver whether to install without having a matching device or so i said no so it finished updating and i restarted the computer. Now i have a problem of xorg failure. Expecting that i have backd up my xorg.conf file. Can someone advice me if i can get my xorg running back again. Is there any easy way to reconfigure xorg. I tried xorg --configure and it says mismatch between screens and devices. and while starting X it says "no screens found". Kindly advice

thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pradhishkumaAR
Level 1
Level 1

Re: xorg failure

Post by pradhishkumaAR »

okai guys sorry it was a bit too early to ask for help. I found out that the driver that comes as update through linuxmint repos dint support my graphics card even though amd driver supports it officialy. so i tried downloading the driver and installed it from console and it worked still cinnamon doesnt startup. In Xfce now. Btw guys i think someone can advice me on this when we type the comands in console it juz runs out the result how can we view it page by page.
toad

Post by toad »

Code: Select all

command|less
at2marty

Post by at2marty »

pradhishkumaAR wrote:okai guys sorry it was a bit too early to ask for help. I found out that the driver that comes as update through linuxmint repos dint support my graphics card even though amd driver supports it officialy. so i tried downloading the driver and installed it from console and it worked still cinnamon doesnt startup. In Xfce now. Btw guys i think someone can advice me on this when we type the comands in console it juz runs out the result how can we view it page by page.
It sounds to me like you ran into a similar problem to mine. http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 8&t=112790

Return to “LMDE Archive”