Newbee from Hong Kong

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vincentho

Newbee from Hong Kong

Post by vincentho »

Dear all,

I m a newbee from HK, I have never tried a distribution like this one. Linuxmint is really very good.
I can install apps such as Truecrypt easily on this distro.

Really appreciate for crews working hard on this distro
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caerolle

Re: Newbee from Hong Kong

Post by caerolle »

Hi Vincent!

Welcome to the Mint Forums, and to Linux Mint!

I am glad you are having a great experience with Mint! I am also new to Linux, and having tried multiple Linux distributions, really found Mint to stand out. Personally, I am using the Xfce desktop environment (DE), but the standard one, MATE, is great, and very user-friendly and easy to customize, in my experience. I hope all continues to go well for you with Mint, and if not, the Forums are a great source for answers.

Great to have you!

Caerolle :)
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
jesica

Post by jesica »

welcome to the forum :mrgreen:
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi vincentho, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums!

Be sure also to check out the Community website (tutorials, hardware and software reviews, ideas), and the Cinnamon Spices website for adding even more themes, applets and extensions to Cinnamon (if you have picked the Cinnamon edition of Linux Mint :wink:).

You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint.
vincentho

Post by vincentho »

Dear all,

I am Vincent from Hong Kong, I am just back to this forum and found all of you are so nice to reply my message.

Be honest i am going to blame other distros but:
I did installed Fedora 17 but disapointed about its unstable wifi connectivity.
I tried Unbuntu but found its smoothness is not good enough.
Mandriva.....seems not developed anymore.
Opensuse 12.2 could not support wifi of my Compaq presario v6000 notebook.

All until i found a Hong kong linux magazine call inuxpilot that claims Linuxmint is able to compete with win7, i doubt about it.

But until i download the Mate version and installed, i found all my above problems are solved without pain and I can even type Chinese after just a easy command input in Terminal.

Now I have 1 desktop, 1 notebook and my another netbook Asus Eee PC running so smooth with Linuxmint.

Really happy.

Talk later,
Vincentho
vincentho

Post by vincentho »

vincentho wrote:Dear all,

I am Vincent from Hong Kong, I am just back to this forum and found all of you are so nice to reply my message.

Be honest i am going to blame other distros but:
I did installed Fedora 17 but disapointed about its unstable wifi connectivity.
I tried Unbuntu but found its smoothness is not good enough.
Mandriva.....seems not developed anymore.
Opensuse 12.2 could not support wifi of my Compaq presario v6000 notebook.

All until i found a Hong kong linux magazine call inuxpilot that claims Linuxmint is able to compete with win7, i doubt about it.

But until i download the Mate version and installed, i found all my above problems are solved without pain and I can even type Chinese after just a easy command input in Terminal.

Now I have 1 desktop, 1 notebook and my another netbook Asus Eee PC running so smooth with Linuxmint.

Really happy.

Talk later,
Vincentho

I just found linuxmint 13 mate has a bug, i fail to open package manager after updating my system, now i have switched to linuxmint 13 debian, the problem solved. Now this distro is under my testing by daily life usage.
blueglass

Post by blueglass »

Welcome to the forum, Vincent! Good to see another fellow Asian on the forum. :lol:

I'm a Chinese from Malaysia but I'm currently residing in Taiwan.

Looking forward to learn from you and your contributions.
vincentho

Post by vincentho »

blueglass wrote:Welcome to the forum, Vincent! Good to see another fellow Asian on the forum. :lol:

I'm a Chinese from Malaysia but I'm currently residing in Taiwan.

Looking forward to learn from you and your contributions.

Dear Blueglass,

Nice to meet u through linuxmint, now i am back to Mate 32 bit and feel good with it.
I will learn to build a stable and secure server on it which is always my wish.

thanks
Vincent

Return to “Introduce Yourself”