UP5 completed fine, small anoyance with Evolution

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
dwainehead

UP5 completed fine, small anoyance with Evolution

Post by dwainehead »

Overall after the traffic doing UP5 cleared up my upgrade went fine. All things are working fine, just a small annoyance in Evolution 3.4.3 now after upgrading I have black bars on the top of the folder tree, the top or highlighted message and the message header making it impossible to read as the text is also black there (links like mailto are in dark blue). I've looked all over and no answer, anybody else have this and how to fix? System specs are in my sig...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rasbow

Re: UP5 completed fine, small anoyance with Evolution

Post by rasbow »

Same issue on my system after installing UP5. I have not found a solution yet.
squeezy

Post by squeezy »

I don't think this is a UP5 issue as I have a custom Ubuntu 12.04/Xfce install and Evolution 3.4.3 shows these same problems on it.

Which desktop are you guys using? I'm looking for a solution as well :)
squeezy

Post by squeezy »

Interesting, thanks for the links. I do have libgtk-3-0 version 3.4.2 that's mentioned as the bad one. Might try some different themes, but I really like the Shiki-Dust theme I'm using :(
squeezy

Post by squeezy »

Just for kicks I installed mint-themes and changed over to the Mint-Z theme. Everything renders perfectly now, no more blackness in Evolution.

Another thing I was noticing before was that in some apps the dialog buttons did not pick up the theme, they showed up as blue when you highlighted or clicked them. All the buttons in everything are consistent now as well. Definitely a GTK2/GTK3 issue.
dwainehead

Post by dwainehead »

Mate 1.4, changing theme makes a little difference but the black is still there, looks like evolution 3.4.3-1 is the issue, so I'll live with it until the next version makes it into testing...

Return to “LMDE Archive”