Disable windows tile (aka Aero Snap) at top and bottom?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
XMice

Disable windows tile (aka Aero Snap) at top and bottom?

Post by XMice »

Hi!
What I really love on Xfce Mint 13 is the tiling feature working out of the box .. 8)

But I wonder why sometimes when I drag a window to the top it gets maximized and sometimes it just tiles the half of the screen..
It would be great to let tiling enabled vor the left and right side of the screen and let it always go maximized when draging to the top..
Any ideas ? :shock:

/edit:
Okay I found out that when the window is already maximized and you drag it to another screen top edge it will stay maximized.. :)
So now it would be great to do the same instead of tiling at the top position :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Disable windows tile (aka Aero Snap) at top and bottom?

Post by palo »

Sorry to bump - but bump! It is a bit strange to get this 1/2 screen maximized effect (not sure if I would call it tiling). Is there any way to control this so that it behaves like snap instead of 1/2snap? Or (just as good) turn it off - eliminate - uninstall (I like stripping down).
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

Not Sure...

Their are controls (check box) for snapping function under setting>window manager the advance tab

Theirs also setting for who windows interact with workspaces settings>window manager tweaks

P.S. look around the settings to make sure window is only on 1 workspace otherwise different workspace resolutions may effect the moving/snapping feature( :?: )

Hope derect right derection atleast
J.Jay
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

jjaythomas> Good hints! I found it under Window Manager Tweaks>Accessibility - Checking "Use edge resistance instead of window snapping" will uncheck "Automatically tile windows when moving toward the sceen edge" Works for me. :) Thank you.

Pat

Return to “Xfce”