Remove Blueman bluetooth stack & install something else

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
phileas

Remove Blueman bluetooth stack & install something else

Post by phileas »

Because there is no solution to this problem here I bought an external BT dongle to use it with my wireless headset for Skype. During my tries to make the internal BT to work I removed the gnome BT and installed Blueman BT. Unfortunately Blueman BT is very experimental when it has to work with a BT headset. As I am a new linux user I didn't try to connect it with my headset at all. I am looking for a solution, which works for sure with a headset. Probably Gnome BT.
So my question is:
How can I remove this Blueman BT and install another software (which one?) which works for sure with a headset?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
phileas

Re: Remove Blueman bluetooth stack & install something else

Post by phileas »

Also I tried to pair two BT headsets with blueman. It pairs with the headsets but doesn't connect to them. Pairing successful connection failed.
Any solution to this problem?

Linux mint 13 with blueman 1.23
David Rahrer

Re: Remove Blueman bluetooth stack & install something else

Post by David Rahrer »

I've had it working well at times with a Jawbone Icon earpiece and a GG-Air-Band stereo headset, but now it's screwed up. I suspect it's in need of a little TLC, but the forums at blueman-project.org look pretty deserted. I tried purging it and the reinstalling, but the settings are kept somewhere I've been unable to find. It may help to delete those and start from scratch. If anyone knows where they are kept, I would love to know.

I'm running Mint 13 with Mate so GnomeBT is not an option.

As for the OP, you can remove blueman and install gnome-bluetooth from the Software Manager. Just type in "bluetooth" in the search and you will see both.

Return to “Software & Applications”