System Benchmarking

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
homerscousin

System Benchmarking

Post by homerscousin »

I would like to get some benchmarks on my new IB system before I make any changes. A lot of people use the Phoronix Test Suite. I downloaded the latest LIVE edition 2010 dot something? Burned that to dvd. I think it is 1.4 Gb. Didn't work the first time. Had to change a bios setting from ide to ahci. Now it loads, but I tried running 3 tests and each stays at 0% complete. It seems the app wants to connect to the internet on each test even though I unchecked that option. There may have been a problem with internet connectivity that needed to be configured, don't remember. Maybe I should try running it with the modem off.

I haven't spent much time on this. Has anyone run it sucessfully?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: System Benchmarking

Post by xenopeek »

As this isn't about Linux Mint, moving it here.
elytron
Level 1
Level 1

Post by elytron »

Check out HardInfo, it's a benchmark tool for Linux. Also shows various system information. You might find it useful, it's in the Software Center.
homerscousin

Post by homerscousin »

I really want to run something live, from dvd. I did a little searching and know there are other options out there. Phoronix is king of the hill. I have the basic Phoronix installed. Very small hdd space taken. The first test I tried to run was an h264 encoding test and it wanted to download an almost 700 MB file. The download speed was so slow I canceled it. Seriously, 700 MB? I thought the live edition would have everything included to run a good mix of tests without effecting the hdd. There is a new live edition due out in the next couple months I believe. Maybe I'll wait. From all I have read about Phoronix, I was expecting better. More posts, please.

Return to “Open Chat”