Installation crashes, 4.0 KDE

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lasse

Installation crashes, 4.0 KDE

Post by Lasse »

Hello there, tried to install Linux Mint 4.0 KDE to my laptop today, without any success... After I have inputed my present location, it crashes with this error message:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/ubiquity/ubiquity/frontend/kde_ui.py", line 2184, in index
    childItem = parentItem.child(row)
  File "/usr/lib/ubiquity/ubiquity/frontend/kde_ui.py", line 2224, in child
    return self.childItems[row]
IndexError: list index out of range
I have posted the errormessage to Launchpad, as the installer error-message asked me to do, but they asked me to post it here instead. The error message also asked me to post the info from syslog and partman. Here is the partman info:

Code: Select all

/bin/partman: *******************************************************
/lib/partman/init.d/01unsupported: *******************************************************
/lib/partman/init.d/30parted: *******************************************************
parted_server: ======= Starting the server
parted_server: main_loop: iteration 1
parted_server: Opening infifo
/lib/partman/init.d/35dump: *******************************************************
/lib/partman/init.d/70update_partitions: *******************************************************
/lib/partman/init.d/75auto_mountpoints: *******************************************************
/lib/partman/init.d/80autouse_swap: *******************************************************
/lib/partman/auto.d/10initial_auto: *******************************************************
/lib/partman/choose_partition/45auto/choices: *******************************************************
/lib/partman/choose_partition/60partition_tree/choices: *******************************************************
/bin/partman: *******************************************************
/lib/partman/init.d/01unsupported: *******************************************************
/lib/partman/init.d/30parted: *******************************************************
parted_server: ======= Starting the server
parted_server: main_loop: iteration 1
parted_server: Opening infifo
/lib/partman/init.d/35dump: *******************************************************
/lib/partman/init.d/70update_partitions: *******************************************************
/lib/partman/init.d/75auto_mountpoints: *******************************************************
/lib/partman/init.d/80autouse_swap: *******************************************************
/lib/partman/auto.d/10initial_auto: *******************************************************
/lib/partman/choose_partition/45auto/choices: *******************************************************
/lib/partman/choose_partition/60partition_tree/choices: *******************************************************
The syslog, takes up some lines, and has been pasted to pastebin:
http://pastebin.org/22385

Brgds
Lasse
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Installation crashes, 4.0 KDE

Post by Husse »

I think it's a bad DVD
Did you check the md5sum and burn slowly?
In win you have to use some third party software for the md5sum - google for it
Ans it's the entire ISO that is to be checked
Lasse

Post by Lasse »

There is no problem with the DVD, it works just fine on other computers. The computer is a Toshiba Qosmio G20 with two HDD. I have succesfully installed Sabayon to it, so it is possible to install Linux to it (it has a built in bootloader for the DVD playback feature). Fancied testing a debian distro on it, but does not seem to be possible at the moment...
Husse

Post by Husse »

Ok, I've looked at the log and error messages
The error messages suggest some problem with disks/disk handling and the log suggests it too + possibly ACPI
Take a look at the troubleshooter wiki, the section about motherboards
http://www.linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php ... d_problems
Not much there, but it covers a wide range of errors
The piix thing may be for you as well as acpi=off

Return to “Installation & Boot”