Automatic login not working

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Automatic login not working

Postby Karthikkeya on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:42 pm

I am referring to a solved issue that is not working for me... viewtopic.php?f=200&t=81166&start=0
Workaround from terminal (at least for GNOME):
Code: Select all
gksudo gedit /etc/gdm3/daemon.conf

Change the following lines under the [daemon] section (or add these three lines if they are not there):
Code: Select all
[daemon]
AutomaticLoginEnable=true
AutomaticLogin=YOURUSERNAME

And replace YOURUSERNAME with your user name. Then save & close the file. Next time it should automatically login.

I am using LMDE 201204 and I have before not had any problem with this, but now I re-installed the LMDE and this bug came into my system. When I read the possible solution to edit the dameon.conf file, actually I can not find the file, nor the folder gdm3 in /etc. ok what i did? i created it of course! still didn't solve my issue though.

I read that widgets could be the problem, that the widgets somehow overrides my attempt to lock my userlogin in automatic mode?!

Any ideas anyone?
Karthikkeya
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Automatic login not working

Postby Karthikkeya on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:15 pm

Hello Linux Mint Forum, I have enjoyed Linux Mint a lot, but it just had to many bugs both for software and hardware, so I have swithed to Linux EasyPeasy, here everything works as it should for me. Who knows, if Linux Mint will get more stable, I will return?!
Karthikkeya
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Automatic login not working

Postby elp on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:38 pm

elp
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Other Topics