How to play video in constant loop without force close?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
#Raven

How to play video in constant loop without force close?

Post by #Raven »

Hey everyone.

At work I've got a Linux machine dedicated to playing point-of-sale videos. The videos I'm using are low quality, small size FLVs, and essentially I have one video playing in a constant loop. Or at least I'm trying. It works throughout the day, but every morning when I come in, the application has closed, or the video's stopped playing and I need to restart the application to get it playing again. I've tried the included Movie Player, Gnome MPlayer, and VLC. All yield the same results. How can I stop it from stopping? Or, if there's no way to stop it from giving up after a while, is there something I can do in the terminal to automatically restart the application at a certain time?

Thanks,

Raven
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: How to play video in constant loop without force close?

Post by remoulder »

[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Sound”