PPA's not updating in package manager[SOLVED]

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

PPA's not updating in package manager[SOLVED]

Postby Guan on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:54 pm

Hello everyone,
I just upgraded from LM 9 32 bit to LM 10 64 bit. Smooth upgrade process, a hiccup or two but nothing I couldn't fix. However, I noticed when I added the PPA's for the dev version of WINE and for Pylotro, I can't find the packages that correspond to those PPA's. I entered the PPA's under the other software tab in the package manager, reloaded the package list afterwards and for whatever reason the new packages don't show. Anyone have any suggestions?
Last edited by Guan on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guan
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: PPA's not updating in package manager

Postby JasonLG on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:25 am

Guan wrote:Hello everyone,
I just upgraded from LM 9 32 bit to LM 10 64 bit. Smooth upgrade process, a hiccup or two but nothing I couldn't fix. However, I noticed when I added the PPA's for the dev version of WINE and for Pylotro, I can't find the packages that correspond to those PPA's. I entered the PPA's under the other software tab in the package manager, reloaded the package list afterwards and for whatever reason the new packages don't show. Anyone have any suggestions?

Does the PPA have 64bit packages in it?
"I see" said the blind man to the deaf man who stuck his wooden leg out the window to check the weather.
JasonLG
Level 7
Level 7

Postby Guan on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:38 am

Not sure. It didn't even occur to me to check that. However, I was able to use aptitude to install pylotro. For wine, I was able to get 1.3 directly from the wine website. I'm not sure what to do if this occurs again in the future though.
Guan
Level 1
Level 1

Postby samboosa on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:38 am

I had this problem aswell with a program 'jdownloader' - add the repository from the command line then update synaptic from;

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:blablabla

sudo apt-get update

Then go to synaptic, it should work now :) If not, install from command line?
samboosa
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Guan on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:09 am

I haven't had any issues with this for several versions. Marking as solved.
Guan
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions