Will not connect to vpn after upgrading to UP5

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ChiVampir

Will not connect to vpn after upgrading to UP5

Post by ChiVampir »

The title says it all.
I've been trying to connect to my university's vpn (pptp) for hours without any results.
It just keeps telling me that it fails to connect.

I've tried to add the vpn again, and also adding another vpn just to check if the server was down, but I couldn't connect with that either.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ChiVampir

Re: Will not connect to vpn after upgrading to UP5

Post by ChiVampir »

I see that this is a problem in Ubuntu 12.04 and Linux Mint 13 as well (tried to install them yesterday to see if they solved the problem).
I've tried to reinstall pptp-linux and network-manager-pptp without any results.

This is the guide provided by my university: http://www.umb.no/computer-service/arti ... -for-linux is it possible to connect with another program than the network manager? I really need this to work, to be able to work at home.
ChiVampir

Post by ChiVampir »

Huh..
When I started my computer today the vpn magically worked again, really weird (it have been working all the while on my netbook with Peppermint OS).

But now no window shows up when I'm clicking on the "network settings" button under the network icon on the panel. But I still find network manager in the menu so that's not a big problem for me, just a little bit irritating :)
dritzominous
Level 3
Level 3

Post by dritzominous »

You might want to try deleting it, and then adding it to the panel again. That sometimes does the trick.

These network managers have been quite finicky in the update process. That is, in multiple desktop environments; including Xfce, which is what I happen to be running at the moment.

Return to “LMDE Archive”