Move the password re-login box - a pointer perhaps?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
madevan
Level 1
Level 1

Move the password re-login box - a pointer perhaps?

Post by madevan »

I have been using Mint at home now since Bianca.

I am presently on mint 13 - cinnamon

I know it is possible to change most things in Linux SO...

Is it possible for me to alter the position of the unlock password box so it appears lower down on the screen?

picky I know but I would like my wallpaper to show the central motif when screen is locked.

Best regards

John

P.S. Please advise if this is NOT possible :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
madevan
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Move the password re-login box - a pointer perhaps?

Post by madevan »

I was hoping after over 300 reads that someone might tell me something. I realise my request is trivial to some.
Or Perhaps I have not made it clear...
When I lock my screen or it times out, the logon box appears in the middle of the screen. I would like to change the co-ordinates that position this box so I can locate it else where on the screen - this would then not block out a particular feature of the wallpaper currently in use.

I would like a pointer to where I COULD make the alterations in MINT 13 Cinnamon
OR
yold that it cannot be done at all!
OR
Even how to do it if anyone knows.

I will not post another addendum to this post in case I get told to go away in short jerky movements. :D

Best regards to all

John

Return to “Other topics”