wireless disabled

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
mdclem

wireless disabled

Post by mdclem »

I'm trying to figure out how to enable wireless. When i boot from the live cd, it shows both wired and wireless disabled. I know the hardware switch hasn't been tripped off. Also, if i boot with any other version, xfce, kde, mate, the network connections are available. Only with LMDE I have this issue. The hardware for each is as follows:

wired: Realtek RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit

wireless: Intel Centrino Wireless-N+WiMAX 6150

Lenovo V570

I've been using Mint for about a year and yes, still a noob. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I'd really like to continue to use LMDE.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
seppalta

Re: wireless disabled

Post by seppalta »

Check the firmware list in synaptic and make sure the ones with intel in their name are installed.
mdclem

Post by mdclem »

I cannot install it from synaptic because of no internet connection. However, I was able to download "microcode-20090330.tgz" from Intel's website on another computer. I copied it to my lmde system, extracted the file, but...the only file present is "microcode-20090330.dat". I have no clue what to do with that...
mdclem

Post by mdclem »

Managed to get the ethernert port working...installed UP5...and wireless is working :D

Return to “LMDE Archive”