Microsoft and Internet Explorer...

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
stumbles

Microsoft and Internet Explorer...

Post by stumbles »

Hi seems Microsoft may have gotten it's act together re malware and Internet Explorer - which has come ahead interestingly ahead of Chrome, Firefox and Opera at detecting malware on it's browser- plus Microsoft Defender is an excellent anti malware programme and yep free as in beer...shurely this is to be celebrated amongst all advocates of 'safe'surfing ...any feedback would be of interest ...a spur methinks to the other browsers to play catchup...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Microsoft and Internet Explorer...

Post by zerozero »

moved here
cwsnyder

Post by cwsnyder »

Exactly why should Opera, Chrome, Firefox, et. al. try to 'catch up' to a browser that still runs ActiveX to be 'backwards compatible' with IE6?

You have no article links which purports to include data on IE 'detecting malware on its browser?' I have yet to see any proof of that, either.

Third, are you talking about IE9 or IE10 beta?
stumbles

Post by stumbles »

cwsnyder wrote:Exactly why should Opera, Chrome, Firefox, et. al. try to 'catch up' to a browser that still runs ActiveX to be 'backwards compatible' with IE6?

You have no article links which purports to include data on IE 'detecting malware on its browser?' I have yet to see any proof of that, either.

sigh just open the mind and rejoice that most pc users are that little bit more safer surfin the net..simple really dont need to programme that... :P
wayne128

Post by wayne128 »

stumbles wrote:
cwsnyder wrote:Exactly why should Opera, Chrome, Firefox, et. al. try to 'catch up' to a browser that still runs ActiveX to be 'backwards compatible' with IE6?

sigh just open the mind and rejoice that most pc users are that little bit more safer surfin the net..simple really dont need to programme that... :P

stumbles,
I understand what you are saying....
cos, I spent a few months helping several persons on their win7/winXP and..
when I tried using IE9, to my pleasant surprise, it had a much modern looks and worked fast!!
I purposedly get into 'phish tanks' that had a long list of phishing sites...
well, all I knew then was, IE9 flagged out warning to some phishing sites, while ff/chrome did not..
cwsnyder

Post by cwsnyder »

I applaud anti-phishing efforts, but the bad guys come up with alternatives faster than the browser developers can push out updates. Most people are hooked by psychological bait, anyway, because they either can't resist 'free' stuff or don't remember to check the teeth of the 'gift horse.'

Return to “Open Chat”