Mint on HP Notepad?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gael33
Level 4
Level 4

Mint on HP Notepad?

Post by gael33 »

My wife bought a HP Notepad running Windows 7 and she hates it. She has had it for about 18 months and still dislikes Windows 7.
Question; I spoke to her about changing operating systems and she thinks Linux Mint would be ideal.
I have Linux Mint 13 Mate on my PC (runs like a dream) Would the same Mint 13 Mate that runs on my PC run on a small Notepad?
Recommendations if you please.

Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
Saor Alba Gu Brath
vrkalak

Re: Mint on HP Notepad?

Post by vrkalak »

Yes, I have installed the regular Mint and/or the LMDE version of Mint on everything from a 10 year old laptop to an Acer 10" netbook.

I have not had problem with any version of Mint, since Mint 6 and newer. Even LMDE or Mint-13 Xfce works everywhere -- out of the box.

Moderator: Topic was moved here from Newbie Questions ... seems like a more appropriate place.
gael33
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mint on HP Notepad?

Post by gael33 »

Thank you for the advice. I clean installed Linux Mint 13 Mate (32bit) on the HP Notebook without any problems. Naturally there were many updates to download and one or two other programs that I needed. All of these functions worked flawlessly, both myself and my wife are delighted.
Thanks to everyone who made Linux Mint such a wonderful and easy to use operating system.

gael.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
Saor Alba Gu Brath

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”