(Solved) Networked HP Deskjet 6500

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jonsteckelberg

(Solved) Networked HP Deskjet 6500

Post by jonsteckelberg »

I am running LM 13 Cinnimon on a Thinkpad X61. My problem is that I have a HP Deskjet 6500 connected to an Iomega NAS that the laptop does not see when I try and set it up. I have two LM 11 boxes and one Windows box that connect and print fine but not my laptop. When I try and set the printer up it does not even find it. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks
Jon Steckelberg
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Networked HP Deskjet 6500

Post by AlbertP »

Please try using system-config-printer from the repository to setup the printer. You could also try using sudo hp-setup in terminal.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
jonsteckelberg

Re: (Solved) Networked HP Deskjet 6500

Post by jonsteckelberg »

Thanks for the help. Once I opened the system-config-printer everything was detected and installed just fine. I am not sure why cinnamon has such a cut down menu for the printers. It makes life a lot harder for me.

Thanks
Jon
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Re: (Solved) Networked HP Deskjet 6500

Post by AlbertP »

We inherited that menu from Gnome 3, on which Cinnamon is based. We may get rid of Gnome 3's settings in future but that'll still take a while. For the moment, the old printer settings program is available in the repository.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”