Any muscle car people here?

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Any muscle car people here?

Post by 67GTA »

I have always been strange because I've been a motorhead/outdoorsman/computergeek. I don't see a lot of talk about cars. I am a classic mustang freak. I am currently restoring a 1967 GTA fastback(not an elanor). Anyone else feel my pain? :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Husse

Re: Any muscle car people here?

Post by Husse »

With current petrol prices muscle cars are not an option (price here ruffly 2 $ per liter)
I ditched a Bronco some years ago because of petrol (and maintenance) costs - I use a Landrover now :lol:
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

I have actually put the engine rebuild plans off until last because of fuel reasons. It won't be designed to get good gas mileage anyway. I'm wondering if regular gas will be available in the US by the time this car is done. I'm not sure if I should build it for ethanol or hydrogen(lol). What is the situation with fuel in Sweden? Most of the environmental agencies here are trying to make everyone turn to alternative fuels.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Husse

Post by Husse »

Well - we're encouraged to use the E85 fuel (85% ethanol) but now there's second thoughts as production of ethanol is producing CO2....
And for a us gallon the current price for petrol is roughly 8 $ - I think it's not quite as high in the US
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

I had '69 and '80 Mustang fastbacks, both 6 cylinder. The fastest car I owned was a 75 Datsun 280Z. I now have a Hyundai Tucson 2.0 litre, which I don't think quite qualifies as a muscle car :lol:

Gas here is over $3 a gallon now and raising.

Return to “Open Chat”