Microphone doesn't work

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
miha2804

Microphone doesn't work

Post by miha2804 »

I set up Linux Mint on my laptop last week and have a problems with the microphone. It used to work perfectly before in Windows and it won't work in Linux. When opening the Sound settings I can't adjust the settings of the microphone:
Sound.png
Also tried with ALSA (as suggested in some other threads) but without any success:
ALSA.png
Would appreciate your help on this
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
stratus_ss

Re: Microphone doesn't work

Post by stratus_ss »

Hi,

Can you start off by giving us some more information

What type of laptop?
What OS (Mint 12, 11, 13?)
64bit? 32bit?

Mate, Gnome, XFCE, Cinnamon?

can you post the output of

Code: Select all

aplay -l
Can you also take a screen of the "hardware" tab of the sound settings as well as the "Output" tab?
miha2804

Post by miha2804 »

The laptop is Acer Aspire 3810T and has a 32 bit Linux Cinnamon Mint 13 running on it.

The output of aplay -1

Code: Select all

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC269 Analog [ALC269 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC269 Digital [ALC269 Digital]
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
And the screenshots of Hardware and Output:
Hardware.png
Output.png
stratus_ss

Post by stratus_ss »

hmm thats interesting,

The command line output shows that the computer can see your audio device(s). But the mixer/sound app does not show anything there.

I might have to think on this for a bit. Perhaps someone else has some suggestions.

I have some ideas that I used to do to get SPDIF sound working when it didnt show up but I am not sure that that is the best fix for your situation
miha2804

Post by miha2804 »

stratus_ss wrote:hmm thats interesting,

The command line output shows that the computer can see your audio device(s). But the mixer/sound app does not show anything there.

I might have to think on this for a bit. Perhaps someone else has some suggestions.

I have some ideas that I used to do to get SPDIF sound working when it didnt show up but I am not sure that that is the best fix for your situation
That's strange. Didn't have any problems with it in Windows.
miha2804

Post by miha2804 »

Have the same problem in Ubuntu. Tried a some solutions others posted on the web but nothing works. Getting desperate about this.

Return to “Sound”