New Wallpapers Update for Mint 13

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bkovacs
Level 1
Level 1

New Wallpapers Update for Mint 13

Post by bkovacs »

Of all the versions of Mint that I have used. Mint 13 unquestionably has the worst wallpapers, with the exception of the default, Mint Maya/13 that I have seen. Would be nice if clem would give us an update that replaces these outdoor wallpapers, with higher quality images. Things I do not like. Alot of the images have allot of noise to them, the roads in some of the wallpapers look like they have been manipuated with a brush. I just do not like them!. For such a great LTS distribution, the wallpapers need to go. Please clem lets replace them with an update!.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
OldManHook

Re: New Wallpapers Update for Mint 13

Post by OldManHook »

Whats the problem :?:
You can add any wallpapers you want :idea: Everybody change wallpapers...User of the Big two change wallpapers No Need For An Update :)
bkovacs
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bkovacs »

Tell me how to remove them without having to practically remove the whole cinnamon enviroment. Unlike removing other wallpaper packages I went to synaptic and tried to remove the artwork package, and it wants to remove other dependencies. I want these ugly pictures off my system.
monkeyboy

Post by monkeyboy »

I am not a cinnamon user so I don't have an exact answer to your problem. However It might be worth your while looking into possibility of using a cron job to accomplish your goal, that's what I had to do to handle a somewhat similar problem under XFCE. Good Luck
OldManHook

Post by OldManHook »

bkovacs wrote:Tell me how to remove them without having to practically remove the whole cinnamon enviroment. Unlike removing other wallpaper packages I went to synaptic and tried to remove the artwork package, and it wants to remove other dependencies. I want these ugly pictures off my system.

From reading Your posts....Maybe you should Use ... :?: WINDOWS...OS X :?: Some Other DISTRO :idea: :idea:
NOTE...Clem Don't Owe You Anything... Surely He Has More Important Things To Do Than Read Your Id... Posts,Too many I's in Your Posts This is a FREE OS...If You Don't Like It YOU can Make Your OWN Respin...OR as noted in one of your Other posts USE some other Distro...As Noted in My Other Post There are Lots of FREE Wallpapers...
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

Code: Select all

sudo thunar /usr/share/backgrounds
open /usr/share/backgrounds as root and delete them :mrgreen:
bkovacs
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bkovacs »

Thanks!.
Condorman
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Condorman »

Surely the most obscure complaint I've ever seen about an OS ever.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”