How to change font colors on certain programs in Gnome 3

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
narnie

How to change font colors on certain programs in Gnome 3

Post by narnie »

Since an upgrade (following debian testing), the font contrast is awful in Gnome Tweak and gnome-terminal tab buttons. I'll attach a screenshot.

I'm not sure what I need to change. There are gnome-shell themes, windows themes, etc. I've changed them all, but nothing seems to change the font contrast in programs like above except going to the Access settings and selecting high-contrast, which isn't the way I want to live. I would like a way to change the font to black.

See these screencaps:
Terminal_012.jpeg
Advanced Settings_011.jpeg
Can someone please give me an idea of what I need to change?

Thanks,
Narnie
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pianonut

Re: How to change font colors on certain programs in Gnome 3

Post by pianonut »

I have the same problem. When I choose to use the "Applications" menu, none of the options are even visible.
If I choose one, the item shows up clearly once selected but I can't see the list of options.
grizzlyfred

Post by grizzlyfred »

Me too. After googling, some non-lmde-specific information points out, that a file named .gtkrc-2.0 shall be edited. At least in my home-folder, there is no such file.
Also, I can't seem to select another theme. As a workaround, I have set "High Contrast" in the Accessibility Options. It's ugly, but better than not seeing anything at all..
I also would much like to change the system font face, not only the color.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

[moved here]
uninstall mint-x-themes and install mint-themes (the former is gtk3.2 compatible and the latter gtk3.4, that's why you are seeing those visual incompatibilities)

grizzlyfred,
do you have gnome-tweak-tool installed?

Return to “LMDE Archive”