white font on light grey background

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
jerryinky

white font on light grey background

Post by jerryinky »

I'm having trouble reading some of the windows in LMDE because it displays a white font on a light grey background. examples are Nautilus and the system settings windows. Can someone tell me where to change either the text color or the text background color?

thanks, Jerry
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
squeezy

Re: white font on light grey background

Post by squeezy »

Make sure you have the mint-themes package installed and not mint-x-themes.

Code: Select all

apt-cache policy mint-themes
There's known problems with mint-x-themes and new GTK3 libraries.
jerryinky

Post by jerryinky »

thank you for your help. I executed the apt-cache command you suggested but it did not change the font color. The text on these windows is still almost impossible to read.

Jerry
squeezy

Post by squeezy »

jerryinky wrote:thank you for your help. I executed the apt-cache command you suggested but it did not change the font color. The text on these windows is still almost impossible to read.

Jerry
Sorry, should have explained better. That command was just to show you how to check if the mint-themes package was installed or not.

If it's not installed run these two commands in a terminal:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get purge mint-x-themes
sudo apt-get install mint-themes
You might have to go and reselect the Mint-X or Mint-Z theme after this in the Appearance settings for you DE. Not sure which environment you're running.

Of course, you can do this all in Synaptic as well if you want an easy GUI tool to use. :D
jerryinky

Post by jerryinky »

Thanks, Again. That solved the problem. When I ran the apt-cache command again I could see that it said the mint-themes were not installed. I ran the apt-get commands and it installed mint-themes and that has solved my problem with the white font.

I need to do a better job of looking up and understanding these commands before blindly running them.

Thanks again for your help.
Jerry

Return to “LMDE Archive”