Auto login - Mint13 not working?? (SOLVED)

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
madwoollything

Auto login - Mint13 not working?? (SOLVED)

Post by madwoollything »

I'm aware that auto login is a security risk but I've been trying to get this functionality to work and haven't been able to find anything in the forums.

I've set the 'automatic login' in the user accounts but I'm still presented with the login screen at boot up.
(in comparison Ubuntu takes you straight to the desktop bypassing the login screen).

How do I get this working?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GandG

Re: Auto login - Mint13 not working??

Post by GandG »

Apologies if I've misunderstood the problem, however, this works for me: -

Select Menu /Administration/ Login Window

Enter Password

Select Security

Tick “Enable Automatic Login”

Select desired User.

Close.
madwoollything

Re: Auto login - Mint13 not working?? (SOLVED)

Post by madwoollything »

Many thanks .... works beautifully .... I was using the wrong GUI.
aroundi

Post by aroundi »

Thanks GandG.

Worked for me as well, after changing just the Brightness/Lock Auotlogin switch several times and scratching my head.
kaspin

Post by kaspin »

I've followed the above procedure (LMDE - Cinnamon), but after closing the User Accounts window (pressing x in top right corner) and then reopening it, the changes made have disappeared and I'm locked again! Am I doing something stupid? Thanks in advance for any help. Kaspin
kaspin

Post by kaspin »

Sorry, I was going from Administration to "User Accounts", rather than to "Login Window" as suggested by gandg. Works a treat. Thanks - Kaspin

Return to “Cinnamon”