Hello from Monterrey, Mexico

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
germex

Hello from Monterrey, Mexico

Post by germex »

Hi. I am new at this Forum, I installed Mint Maya some 3 or 4 weeks ago, I love it. I am coming from using Ubuntu fro quite a while, and not that I hate Unity or anything like that, but with later versions I had issues with my graphics (NVidia card), so instead of installing an older Ubuntu and going backwards i moved to Mint Maya Mate.
I found with great joy, that the usability of old Nautilus is here with Caja plus my graphics are working great.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Hello from Monterrey, Mexico

Post by xenopeek »

Hi germex, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums! MATE is very good, it's my default desktop also. Have you upgraded to MATE 1.4 yet? It brings some new features and a ton of bugfixes (things the GNOME developers no longer wanted to do, so thank the MATE developers :D). You can upgrade in a few steps: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 15#p624015

Be sure also to check out the Community website (ideas, tutorials, and hardware and software reviews). You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Enjoy the minty side of life.
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
germex

Post by germex »

xenopeek wrote:Hi germex, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums! MATE is very good, it's my default desktop also. Have you upgraded to MATE 1.4 yet? It brings some new features and a ton of bugfixes (things the GNOME developers no longer wanted to do, so thank the MATE developers :D). You can upgrade in a few steps: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 15#p624015

Be sure also to check out the Community website (ideas, tutorials, and hardware and software reviews). You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Enjoy the minty side of life.
Thanks! And no I'm running Mate 1.2.9, but I will change that this afternoon!
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day and welcome to the Linux Mint Forum :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”