Mint KDE 13 - why can I not install Thunderbird?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
YeeP

Mint KDE 13 - why can I not install Thunderbird?

Post by YeeP »

Kmail does seem like a nice, but at this point I am just frustrated. I "Install" Thunderbird from the Software Manager, and the screen "blips" for about a half of a second like the install was complete. Close the view of Thunderbird from the software manager, and go back in. Typically I would expect a button to show "remove" or uninstall, still looks like I can install it. I head to the menu, applications>internet... no Thunderbird.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Mint KDE 13 - why can I not install Thunderbird?

Post by xenopeek »

Please try from the terminal, so you can share what errors you get with us (you can copy to/from the terminal, see its Edit menu):

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install thunderbird
YeeP

Post by YeeP »

I will do that. I installed the update program, and run it, so I am in the process of 461 downloads right now. As soon as that is complete, I will fill your request.

Thank you.
alex2035

Post by alex2035 »

Software Manager is weird for me, it will say it is installing something and will never tell you if it was OK or what, it will not close on finish, I have to restart it to see whats up, it looks a beta app. Use Synaptic Package Manager, this wont let you down ever, and you can control what you have done through the history log. I did Thunderbird 15 with it, deinstalls and installs whatever you need.
YeeP

Post by YeeP »

OK, so after the update(s), I was able to install thunderbird using the terminal command given. I do not know if this would have worked before the update because I did not try it.

Now on to the issues of why KDE will not show all programs in the menu.... Just look that up to see who else has the same thing(!) :(

Thanks for the suggestion on this.

Return to “Software & Applications”