Google Search In Panel?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jokersloose

Google Search In Panel?

Post by jokersloose »

Is there a way I can put a google search box in my panel? I've looked around and can't seem to find anything. I'm sure it's me just not putting the right search information.

Thanks,
James
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Google Search In Panel?

Post by Husse »

google search box in my panel
Depends on what you mean - there is a Google apps panel of sorts - I never use it - I don't want google to know what I've got on my hard disk. Perhaps it's a Windows only thing
But taken literally you can't I think - you need a browser to search the web....
Maybe you could configure Firefox...
jokersloose

Post by jokersloose »

Well what I would like is some sort of internet search in my tool bar. This way if I want to look something up I don't have to open firefox. Just being lazy, not the end of the world.

Thanks,
James
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

I think I may have found something.

This DeskbarApplet page is linking to third party applets. Google Suggest is one of them.

So if you install/activate DeskbarApplet and then install the third party Google Suggest module I think you would get the
functionality you are looking for.

I haven't tried it myself (yet), as I'm currently on wintendo@work.now

Return to “Beginner Questions”