Linux Mint is so awesome, I'm going to sponsor it :)

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Brucey99

Linux Mint is so awesome, I'm going to sponsor it :)

Post by Brucey99 »

I've been using Ubuntu since 10.04 and been testing 12.10 for the last few months. I'm an avid fan of Ubuntu/Canonical and think they do a great job.

Introducing Unity was always going to be a big decision and cause controversy. But I admire their commitment to move forward and do what they thought was best. As with any bold new task, there are going to be bumps in the road, disagreements and critisisms along the way. But with enough time, feedback and improvements, things can work out very well (think KDE 4). So I stuck by Ubuntu/Unity, tested the development versions, reported bugs, voiced my opinions and suggested improvements. Unfortunately, with the near release of 12.10, I now find it hard to agree with the direction the project is going in. It's a shame because I see big potential for Unity, but I simply can't see it happening.

So last night, I decided to give Linux Mint 13 + Cinnamon 1.6 a go and... wow! It's exactly what I believe a desktop should be. I can see everything little thing has been well thought out and it just makes sense. Everything is in a logical place, allowing me to conduct all my tasks with speed and efficiency. It just looks awesome, well polished and professional. I feel I can recommend this to everyone I know (I couldnt' say that for Unity) and they would love it.

But best of all, you look like you have a great community that's friendly, helpful and that genuinely listens to one another. Each voice goes into the success of the project and that's the kind of community I want to be apart of.

As a small token of my appreciation, I'd like to support the project by becoming a bronze sponsor. Keep up the good work guys! :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jesica

Re: Linux Mint is so awesome, I'm going to sponsor it :)

Post by jesica »

Good day and welcome to the Linux Mint Forums :mrgreen:
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi Brucey99, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums! And thanks for considering to sponsor the project. Together we have to keep the developers fed, and the servers powered. Your generous contribution will be much appreciated.

Be sure also to check out the Community website (ideas, tutorials, and hardware and software reviews), and the Cinnamon Spices website for adding even more themes, applets and extensions to Cinnamon.

You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint.
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard

Return to “Introduce Yourself”