virus on a live cd/dvd or unetbootin usb?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
animaguy

Post by animaguy »

Can the host Operating System (i.e. OSX or Win7) get a virus when using a Linux Mint 13 live cd/dvd or unetbootin usb flash drive?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sagirfahmid3

Re: virus on a live cd/dvd or unetbootin usb?

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

No.
animaguy

Post by animaguy »

thanks,

one more question if you do not mind. i am getting ready to teach a software class and i am considering having all the students learn to download a linux iso, burnt it to a cd/dvd and then load the linux os live.

some students may have win7 or a mac.

question

do you foresee any possible problems that may arise using a live cd/dvd linux os with a host os such as osx or win7?
OldManHook

Post by OldManHook »

animaguy wrote:thanks,

one more question if you do not mind. i am getting ready to teach a software class and i am considering having all the students learn to download a linux iso, burnt it to a cd/dvd and then load the linux os live.

some students may have win7 or a mac.

question

do you foresee any possible problems that may arise using a live cd/dvd linux os with a host os such as osx or win7?
NO...on Windows 7,Maybe,Sometimes on Macs :) Go For It 8) and Good Luck :)
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

You will of course test the CD install to identify any potential problems rather than have the students only do that test
--that will help with the teaching aspect, and ensure that you understand any issues they may get, either from misreading the screens or other, bad CD media etc !
  • Also if you have your own CD that does work,; should any student have an issue, you can loan it to them to get them going..
But in general there shouldn't be many issues
--just be aware of video card (graphics) support and the specs for your machines: if they are not the latest hardware (newest machines), then the likelihood of issues is lesser.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”