How do I exit Looking Glass?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

How do I exit Looking Glass?

Post by pepperminty »

Hello,

I have just freshly installed Linux Mint 13 Maya Cinnamon (yipee!) and have started exploring.

On the right side of the panel, I see an upward triangle (well, a triangle that's missing a line) . I click it, choose Troubleshoot, choose Looking Glass. A greyish pane that takes up about 80% of the screen appears. How do I exit that?

Where's the exit button?

I was able to exit it by choosing Up_triangle/Troubleshoot/Restart_all_settings_to_default, but is that really necessary?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
abnvolk

Re: How do I exit Looking Glass?

Post by abnvolk »

Simply press ESC :D
I think that Looking Glass should really have a close button.
whiplashll

Post by whiplashll »

Exit the same way you opened it.
Triangle>Trouble Shooting>Looking Glass

I'm not sure if this is the only way, but it worked for me.
Paulzsen

Post by Paulzsen »

Somehow I can't manage to close the looking glass either by pressing ESC or by clicking again at troubleshoot/looking glass. I had to restart all settings to take it away. Is this a bug? I have Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon on a TOSHIBA Satellite Laptop.
telcnas

Post by telcnas »

Somehow I can't manage to close the looking glass either by pressing ESC or by clicking again at troubleshoot/looking glass. I had to restart all settings to take it away. Is this a bug? I have Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon on a TOSHIBA Satellite Laptop.
Actually I think this is some sort of bug......

While starting this app from panel->troubleshoot->looking glass, you need to click on one of the available option on the top right side of the window first, and then you may easily close it by pressing Esc.

But if in case you start this app from run-dialog(alt+f2) by exec "lg" command without quotes, then you will not face this issue. You can simply press Esc to exit this window.

Hope this helps..... :) :)

Return to “Cinnamon”