Where is the documentation for Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pepperminty
Level 6
Level 6

Where is the documentation for Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon?

Post by pepperminty »

http://www.linuxmint.com/documentation.php has a 51-page PDF for Linux Mint 13 MATE, but I can't seem to find a similar document for Mint 13 Cinnamon. Is it available? Where can I find it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Where is the documentation for Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon?

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Pepperminty.

As far as I can tell from "googling around", there is no genuine user guide for Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon desktop, yet.
So feel free to write it based on the user guide for Linux Mint 13 Mate desktop. :wink:

Maybe the reason why no-one has bothered to write a user guide for Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon desktop, yet, is that Cinnamon is evolving too fast. So what you write today may no longer be up-to-date tomorrow. My system has got Cinnamon 1.4-UP3. Yet, Cinnamon 1.6 is already on its way.

Anyway, the closest that you can get to a user guide for Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon desktop may be by using
+ the user guide for Linux Mint 13 Mate desktop for the common topics
+ the Tips and Tricks for Linux Mint after Installation [Mint 13 Maya - Cinnamon Edition] for the Cinnamon topics
+ and by asking for help on more tricky problems here in the forum.

Kind regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
bimsebasse

Re: Where is the documentation for Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon?

Post by bimsebasse »

karlchen wrote:Maybe the reason why no-one has bothered to write a user guide for Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon desktop, yet, is that Cinnamon is evolving too fast.
It's also extremely time consuming, and, well unpaid.

There is some, though: http://cinnamondocumentation.wikinet.org/wiki/Main_Page

Return to “Non-technical Questions”