LightDM badge and logo

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bigj231

Re: LightDM badge and logo

Post by bigj231 »

Hey huoc, Sorry I haven't been on lately. Too much school.
Did you follow the instructions in the link? Here they are so that way you don't have to search again:

Code: Select all

sudo xhost +SI:localuser:lightdm
sudo su lightdm -s /bin/bash
gsettings set com.canonical.unity-greeter draw-grid false
exit

The first line is extremely important. So is the second line. Those prepare the entire process. The third line can be changed to whatever you want. I set my background to black by doing:

gsettings set com.canonical.unity-greeter background-color '#000000'
if you just give gsettings the -h option, it will give you a list of commands. I'd also reccommend reading the man page for it.
It isn't purple for me. If ubuntu tweak now supports linux mint and changes all the stuff with a GUI, that's the easiest way to do it. In fact I will try that now and see if it works for me.
EDIT: It does almost everything but change the background color. So the only way I know of to fix it is the above steps. I do have a SSD, so there is only about a half second of the color before the background comes up. That brings up another point. Did you change the background from the purple ubuntu one? I remember that was an issue the first time I installed it.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

I guess running

gksu -u lightdm dconf-editor
would take less effort in case you need to edit more than one setting.
huoc

Post by huoc »

bigj231 wrote: Did you follow the instructions in the link?
Thanks bigj!
Well, as far as I remember I did everyting. The very strange thing is that after like two weeks or so, the color changed to green without me doing anything at that time!
Then I screwed up my win7 partition (I resized it outside of win7 :) ) so I repartitioned my hdd and istalled win7 and lm again. I set the background, the color, everything and it remained purple :? and after like two-three weeks it turned green again without touching anything... :?:
is there some kind of regular scheduled refreshing of settings in the background maybe? Or I do something else (I did not play with dconf apart from the greeter settings) that triggers the refresh of this setting?
well, it is green at the moment :D
bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

Monsta wrote:I guess running

gksu -u lightdm dconf-editor
would take less effort in case you need to edit more than one setting.
I usually just use su since I'm alreay using the teminal anyway, but there's no reason not to do it that way. Once I'm SU'd (Switch User) in, then I'll just change everything that I need. If I have to reinstall for some reason, I'll probably just end up writing a script and posting it here as well.

Glad you got it working huoc. That's pretty strange. It changed for me immediately after I logged out when I did it. Also not sure if reinstalling stuff when you reinstalled windows 7 screwed stuff up. Instead of reinstalling my whole system (slow internet) I'll just boot with a livecd and reinstall grub. Much easier for me.
tony1661

Post by tony1661 »

thanks so much man!! your awesome!!
bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

A heads up for all you Mint LightDM users out there. There was an update today, so you'll have to reset the logos back to the minty ones.
jfuk86

Post by jfuk86 »

bigj231 wrote:A heads up for all you Mint LightDM users out there. There was an update today, so you'll have to reset the logos back to the minty ones.
Thanks for the heads up
MattDobson

Post by MattDobson »

Thanks, just what I have been looking for.
ohmysql

Post by ohmysql »

If you do have a chance to create a MATE badge, I would love that. Thanks!

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”