Can't play Nba.com videos

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lousytreee

Can't play Nba.com videos

Post by lousytreee »

Hi

So the problem is I cant watch nba.com videos with firefox or any other browser. Youtube and other sites work perfectly
Edit: and Im using Mint 13
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Can't play Nba.com videos

Post by xenopeek »

It plays just fine here. Do you have any content blocking add-ons installed in your browser? Like NoScript, Adblock Plus, or similar. You need to allow content from nba.com and turner.com for videos to play. As you mention Youtube plays fine, I'm assuming you have Flash enabled in your browser.
lousytreee

Post by lousytreee »

xenopeek wrote:It plays just fine here. Do you have any content blocking add-ons installed in your browser? Like NoScript, Adblock Plus, or similar. You need to allow content from nba.com and turner.com for videos to play. As you mention Youtube plays fine, I'm assuming you have Flash enabled in your browser.
I installed mint yesterday and havent installed any blocking add ons. Running shockwave flash 11.0 r1(default plugin) and its enabled.
EDIT: for some reason wnba videos play fine although the video player is same.

There are rest of the plugins
mank_in

Post by mank_in »

open synaptic package manager, uninstall mint-flashplugin and install adobe-flashplugin . You will get newer version of flash player.
lousytreee

Post by lousytreee »

mank_in wrote:open synaptic package manager, uninstall mint-flashplugin and install adobe-flashplugin . You will get newer version of flash player.
Did that(now using flash 11.2 r202) but still not working :/ And as I said in previous post, the wnba videos work although the video player is same.

Return to “Sound”