opinions for use

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
tw3akUrb0x

opinions for use

Post by tw3akUrb0x »

Hi,

I have these intended uses , would like to build one really fast machine from scratch. I would like to build a media server, then also on the same machine have a security software running with networked cams they only record when there is activity. Also backups for all devices that use same pc for media server would do backups to this computer video, data backups and photos etc.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
homerscousin

Re: opinions for use

Post by homerscousin »

So, what is the question? Danged if I know. If you're looking for Linux security software check ZoneMinder. http://www.zoneminder.com/
jamvaru

Re: opinions for use

Post by jamvaru »

So, you want it to ONLY serve media, right?
And also be a security camera monitor?
And also be able to act as a backup device?

I have no idea, but what I would do is just install mint mate, then install your media server software, usually depends on the device connecting, then install some camera security software, and then setup a specific directory for backups, with the proper permissions.

I suspect there are 'tutorials' for the individual steps available online, somewhere, perhaps ubuntu forums if not this one

Return to “Open Chat”